Sunday 21 October 2012

Netball Saturdays!

It was Netball Saturday yesterday and the girls were on fire! I went to watch the girls play at 11am against my old team and they played brilliantly. A shame we only won by one, because the girls gave it such a good fight and at one point they were 8 ahead, but a wins a win and everyone contributed towards it and fought hard, was lovely to watch.

I had my game at 1pm against Leamington, we thought we might get whooped because they are renowned for their quality of game play and we've not had the best two Saturday games, we should and could have easily beat the last two teams, but hey ho we'll play them again and it'll be our time then. But it was our first game yesterday with our full squad and we thrashed them! 55-23, what a lovely feeling it was! Everyone contributed in their own way and we gelled and played magnificently together, I really couldn't ask to play in a better team. Not only are they all great players, they're lovely girls, which make's it even more of a pleasure.
So we had a blinder and I think we all left on a high, fingers crossed we can keep up the good and hard work.

It's also great to get the support, we have a few supporters who have come up and shown their support every week which is so lovely. It's also great to have someone there week in week out who can watch and tell us about our game of play, you can't always notice everything when you're playing, so it's nice to be told that you're playing well, or need to watch out or improve on certain things and they become part of the team and the club and it's really lovely.

I've always wanted to make sure I'm the one standing on the side line supporting people, because it's nice to be encouraged and for someone to share an interest and give you a heads up and congratulate you when you're doing well, we all like and want that don't we?! I can honestly say that unless I have asked, I've never had someone who's wanted to share an interest with me. So I want to make sure I can do my bit and hopefully one day, i'll have a little me or a niece that I can do these things with. I'm already trying to mould my younger sister into the netball figure, so hopefully I can go along and support her through games. I have been thinking recently about doing a netball coaching course and perhaps and umpiring course. I really do love the game and looking back I can't believe I were out of it for so long. But I'm seriously thinking of looking into it, I would love to be able to coach and guide my own little team and watch them grow and progress into beautiful, elegant netballers! How lovely!
So I am waiting for my next jab of netball fun, training Wednesdays! And that's when my netball cycle continues.

I do need to be careful though. I have an injury, I'm not sure how severe it is or could be, but I know, in 2010 I ran the New York Marathon. The race was in November and I started training in June. After about 4 weeks training, I started complaining of an ankle injury, I couldn't shake this off, so end of July I went to a local physio who told me that my right hip was out of line. This would make perfect sense now. I always knew I ran differently on my right foot, my feet movement always felt different and not the norm, like I were compensating for something and I remember when I were younger going on a Sunday morning swimming with my sisters and dad and complaining that my right leg felt uncomfortable when I swam. I had to be 13 if that when I noticed. And to this day it makes me cringe to think of that time in the swimming baths that I noticed the sensation I felt in that leg. I can honestly say since then I've not really done any swimming, unless i've been on holiday and even then I'm always a bit conscious and feel a bit sick about getting in the water. I'm not scared of the water, I just remember this feeling of when I moved my legs doing breast stroke, feeling like my right leg was popping out of socket, it sort of makes me gag thinking about it. I can't understand how it could have ever got like that, I have always been into sport, I were known as the sporty girl at school, I were a member of most sports teams and ran long distance. I've swam since forever. I can't understand what could have gone wrong? I'm only 24, I shouldn't be having hip troubles surely!! So I'm going to try and do some exercises in the week that might help loosen the blow a little, when I do get on the court or go running and maybe at some point see a physio again.

Today I am pondering over university work. I am studying a Foundation Degree in Interior Design and am on my 7th module of 8, so am nearly there now! I really need to pull my finger out and sort myself out. I am just in the middle of printing off a something like 110 page document of assignment info, which is obviously a waste of paper, but I really struggle to take things in that I read on a screen. To be honest I struggle to have the attention span to read anything. I have this wonderful book waiting for me to read and I have spare time and just can't bring myself round to picking it up. I think sometimes (well I know, that most the time) I feel bad to say I have any "free time" because this so called "free time"I feel I should be studying. So maybe it's a bit psychological. But endless to say, I struggle to read anything. I can read! Don't get me wrong. It's just like, my brain can't absorb it, I read it and then it's instantly forgotten. I have to reread EVERYTHING. Over and over again. I reread things so much that I either start looking into what i've read too much or I can just pick up every flaw in what i've read. I have to analyze. I make notes, lots and lots of notes. Often I will rewrite the notes but with something new on, on a daily basis. Or I will rewrite a note because my handwriting doesn't look quite right. I am so glad I have to type on here and not write because most people can't read my writing. Sometimes, I can't even read my own writing! I worry myself sometimes. I feel like there is so much in the world that I should no about or understand and it's not because I'm ignorant that I don't understand or that I don't care or want to understand, about politics or what's going on in this country or this world with world wars etc etc it's because I can't focus on things and it gets to the point where I think now, I'd like to know the basics of what's going on around me and where the tax I pay for goes to and all the things I don't know about, but I feel it might go straight over my head and maybe people like me are exceptions to this political world and can go with the flow, by not having to think or worry about what party is in charge and what is going on in Syria, maybe it's okay that I can just plod along in my own little world of creativeness.

Maybe, or maybe one day I will regret not knowing.

Anyway all my stuff has printed off now, finally!! So I will scout the papers and probably highlight EVERYTHING! Until I remember what I am meant to be doing and have a bit more of an understanding of marketing plans and business plans for my imaginary Interior Design business!

Bye for now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment